[QUESTION] AMD your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

honsbeek

Baseband Member
Hi there,

This was a great read :

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077.html

But i'm still stuck. I haven't yet used a AMD CPU ever, but tell me again how they are different from Intel's. I heard someone mention that the AMD cpu's do more in a single cicle, what are the benefits of that.

In case of the Pentium D 830 vs. Athlon 3800 X2 , the L2 cache has differences. For the same money wouldn't I want to choose the 2 x 1mb L2 cache instead of the 2 x 512mb L2 cache of the AMD???

What should I look at and what is more important ...
I want a kick *** super fast system, good all-round computing is required and lots of muti-tasking

Thanks

happy New year

correct

AMD

actually I take that back - they will take DDR RAM for now, but soon they will be coming out with ones that take DDR2, and they dont just support PC3200, they support others as well like PC2700, PC2100, etc.

DDR600 is out now, my ASUS board supports that and ive seen a couple of companies make that.

but AMD all the way.

Yes but if I choose Pen D 830 , I can get a Intel board that takes PC 5300 and 667 Mhz of RAM , wouldn't that be good also ???

Would it be better to get 2 512mb in DUAL or just take 1 gb RAM in one slot ???

(^_^)

honsbeek said:
Yes but if I choose Pen D 830 , I can get a Intel board that takes PC 5300 and 667 Mhz of RAM , wouldn't that be good also ???

Would it be better to get 2 512mb in DUAL or just take 1 gb RAM in one slot ???

(^_^)
The system they used for those tests at cnet for intel was using ddr2 533 ram I believe. As you can see, it made little difference. No PC3200 is not all AMD takes you can go up to PC6000 (expensive however).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom