Why do gamers hate LCDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me it`s just a money problem, I buy CRT because there cheap for excellent quality. While to get a really decent 19 inch gaming monitor it costs a lot more. Once prices come down I`ll no doubt change as my 21 inch CRT is close to breaking the desk.

Mr_Threepwood said:
Ive got an LCD, and its very nice for any new games, blowing away my old CRT. The only thing I really dislike about it is the old games that ran on like 320x200 resolution. My monitor cant display them so the only way i can play monkey island 1 and 2 is in a window, and its not the same that way. Maybe ill set up one of my old crappo comps and make it a monkey island box.

what LCD do you have?

Hyundai l72s, 17 inch native res 1280x1024. Wont do certain resses. Maybe I need drivers? So far ive no drivers or anything.

I have an LCD that I got when I built my first computer a little while back:

ViewSonic VP191B Black 19" 8ms (gray-to-gray); 20ms (black-white-black, typ) LCD Monitor

I dare any LCD basher to compare my monitor with their CRT and say LCD sucks. The ONLY problem with LCD is the price. My color, clarity, and ability to play games are all EXCELLENT!!

That added to the fact that this nice big monitor takes up almost not space on my desk makes me a happy camper. :)

Flying-Squirrel said:
I have an LCD that I got when I built my first computer a little while back:

ViewSonic VP191B Black 19" 8ms (gray-to-gray); 20ms (black-white-black, typ) LCD Monitor

I dare any LCD basher to compare my monitor with their CRT and say LCD sucks. The ONLY problem with LCD is the price. My color, clarity, and ability to play games are all EXCELLENT!!

That added to the fact that this nice big monitor takes up almost not space on my desk makes me a happy camper. :)

My friend has that monitor. He loves it...I was going to get that one but it was a little out of my price range, so I settled for this Samsung. I kinda wish I would have gotten it though looking back on it. Im very happy with my LCD now though.

im happy with my ctr it works and it looks nice. i rather have my money on things like video cards or ram, then a 19'' $300 monitor(or what ever it is).

The monitor is something people commonly overlook when building a system. Whether you have a CRT or an LCD, if you have a crappy monitor, what good is a mondo-expensive video card going to do you? I see gamers using 7800GTX cards with 15" CRTs and that just doesn't make since. The monitor is really one of your most important parts!

Beyond said:
i have a question. for those of you who game and don't mind lcds, what lcd would you recommend that doesn't ghost or look any different than a crt would?

I may not be harcore gamer. but i play games like U2K4, mooha og hitman contracts

not sure how this games are rated in the hardcore game world.

I now have a Samsong Syncmaster 193T
25 ms i think.. And is ok for those games.
use the dvi connection.. much better than the other one.

bitt slow when its cold. not so bad when it warms up.

but i do want this:
Samsung 19" LCD Syncmaster 930BF TCO-99 700:1, DVI-D, 4ms, 1280x1024

or

Samsung 19" LCD Syncmaster 960BF White Glossy,700:1,DVI-D,4ms,1280x1024

I have 2 regrets on my build:

1) Should have gotten better OCable ram
2) Wish I had known about Opterons and their OCability when I was building =(

My decision to go with my more expensive LCD is definately not a regret, if you get a good comp with a good video card you have to be able to enjoy the benefits with a good monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom