Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I have got 3 OSs installed on my laptop:

1- 2000 Advanced server

2- FC4

3- Solaris 10

Suddenly I received blue screen (fatal error screen) when I booted my laptop in 2000 server.

How can I recover my files and folders.

I am thinking to use knoppix live CD V4,,,

Or mounting windows partition under Linux.

Is there any other idea (may be it will easier) ?

Make the CD the first bootable drive. Put in the Win2k install cd and when prompted, so a OS repair. It's that simple.

Can you specifiy the error.
When 2000 starts to boot, you can press F8 to get a startup menu and then you can choose safe mode.

Can you specifiy the error.
Code:
***STOP:0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF5E8CAB0,0x00000000, 0x00000000)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this
screen appears again, follow these steps:

1- Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. 

2- If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable
the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

3- Check with your hardware vender for any BOIS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as changing or shodowing. 

4- If you need to use sfae mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

5- Refer to your Getting Started Manual for more information on troubleshooting Stop errors.

When 2000 starts to boot, you can press F8 to get a startup menu and then you can choose safe mode.
It did work......Can I repair the windows OS or I have to install fresh one ?

zillah said:
Code:
***STOP:0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF5E8CAB0,0x00000000, 0x00000000)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this
screen appears again, follow these steps:

1- Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. 

2- If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable
the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

3- Check with your hardware vender for any BOIS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as changing or shodowing. 

4- If you need to use sfae mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

5- Refer to your Getting Started Manual for more information on troubleshooting Stop errors.

It did work......Can I repair the windows OS or I have to install fresh one ?

the reason i said that was because of this above....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom