DV software......

Status
Not open for further replies.

shdwsclan

In Runtime
I have a dv camera and I would like to know if there is any software in which you can preview you camcorder video in full screen as opposed to the crummy windows preview........something like a vcr......

Yes, I know you can capture to the hdrive....but this is to be used when family comes over and the videos they want to see may not have been trasfered yet.....

The camera is a canon gl2 and only the usb photo software came with it.
I use adobe premier pro 1.5 for capture.........
the camera does have a regular video out....but most prosumer cameras are getting rid of analogue video out since it has many limitations and thetv i use it on is HD and that is why i had to build a media pc.
As you can imagine, svideo\composite looks horrible on an hd tv. I have looked through many pieces of software and non are full screen capable for dv. Any piece of software will give you a image, but i would like to make that image full screen. Some tvs even have a firewire port for input and they have software for full screen playback built into them.......unfortunately, my tv does not have such an imput

2 pieces of software missing from the market........

DVD player software with full datacode readout.
This is sad since this is extremely useful for subtitle allignment in a compressed format and since directX already provides the datacodes such as milliseconds and frames from the stream....
There is a crummy piece of software in development that is extremely buggy.

DV Preview software with full screen capability
All the software I have encountered will only give you a simple, partial, preview......

-> Im look for software that will give me a full screen preview......im not interested in any dv capture features.....

Dude, thanks a lot.....it was right under my nose..........
For all of you who have been watching this thread........
The software that does this is Nero Visio
Which is available in the Nero 7 package....im not sure
which version but for reference....i am using nero 7 ultra edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom