Laptop Videocard Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

20piass

Solid State Member
What videocard is best to use in an HP Pavillion4000
I Got this for X-Mas and it wont run Call of Duty2. In Directx it wont allow me to use this AGP thing (I dont know what half the things on the computer are..)
Anyways, What is a good Videocard (Graphic card) to use?

I was looking at the ATI Radeon 9800 256MB, is that still viable? or will i need better?

9800, maybe...

laptops are expensive to upgrade, and you might as well go for a card with bigger juice cuz it will cost alot to upgrade after the 9800. my suggestion would be to go to at least a geforce 6600, or on the ati side at least an x700. the x700 might only be pci-e but the x800 series comes in agp. i dont know how credible this info is cuz i havent looked at laptops in a while.

There are only a very, very few lappys that have upgradable video cards.

To my knowledge, HP doesn't make any of them.

In other words, the graphics in the lappy ain't gonna get upgraded.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

I checked out that particular lappy on HP's site. On a blind chance, email their techs and ask if you could upgrade it.

If you could, It'll prabably cost you a pretty penny or more, though.

Laptops are all proprietary hardware. There isn't much of an upgrade capability there. Also, good luck at playing CoD 2 on a laptop anyways, its the most demanding game out today. I would say just look into saving up and building a new desktop. You aren't going to get the kind of performance you want on that laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom