Newbuild problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therock

In Runtime
Hi.
I just finished building a new computer. I connected the monitor to the video card and i get no signal.
I have a Samsung 20' monitor from nweegg and a 7800gt 256MB form evga. I've checked all the posibilities and nothing seems to work, did anyone have a problem like that before? I spent $2k on that new comp and I can't get it to work. I really appreciate any responses.

mine did that before i got a new psu, i had to dedicate the Y splitter both of them to my 7800gt and then it worked, before i only plugged 1 of my power connectors to the y splitter and it didnt work, but now i have a pcie plug on my psu. if your psu already has a pcie plug then try the Y splitter. i that doesnt work change your monitor power cord.

I have the card in mobo, and in addition to that, i have the PCI-E cable conected from the PSU to the Card itself. The fans are spining and lights light up, but I'm not sure about the rest. I also dont get the beep, and on my monitor it says "no signal" as if the card wasn't connected.

I had a problem a lot like this when upgrading a graphics card in a two year old dell.

What kind of mobo are ya using? Does it have on board graphics?

If it does have on board graphics make sure to disable it in your BIOS. After doing so you find that its still not working go too computer proprieties and disable the onboard graphics there also.

I got DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D. The thing is, I can't even get to BIOS, I can't even get the comp started. :/

I got the exact same MOBO. Do you have another computer/monitor to test stuff on? It helps to test things and narrow down what the issue could be.

Therock said:
I got DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D. The thing is, I can't even get to BIOS, I can't even get the comp started. :/

Take motherboard out of case, place on a hard table. Dissconnect everything except CPU, RAM and Video card. Then try rebooting.

I conected my new monitor to the old computer and it works, so monitor is definately not the case.

@STE: the fans are spining and everything I just dont see anything on the screen.

If the computer still does it, EVEN after you did what I said. Take out the RAM and try rebooting. If you get beeps put one stick back and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom