what's going on with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebugga

Beta member
I have a new giga-byte 8I9I5-P DUO mobo with Intel 3.2. I've had all this stuff for a year but I haven't been able to get to building it till recently. My question is this, I hooked everything up and it started to boot up normally then it would restart it self at a certain point. Now when I turn it on it wont even flash on the screen that it's starting. my moniter light is amber. I hear no post beeps, but I do hear a click sound coming from the speaker sounding like it's getting power. I wanna know if I need to buy a new mobo or a new cpu or what new stuff I should buy. I know the ram is good and the video card is good. but yeah like I said I'm not sure what I need. please give me some things to try and I'll keep posting on what I've gotten to so far.

Thanks

Take the motherboard out of case, place it on a hard table, unattach everything but CPU. RAM & Video Card. Then try rebooting. Tell us what happens.

I shoulda added this bit of information last night, but I have a 350 watt psu, does that matter?

I haven't been home to check my mobo I'll keep you posted

Depends on what you ae powereing up!!! Don't worry about taking the mobo out of the case. Just fire up the mobo with the cpu, heat sink fan, one stick of memory and the video card. What happens when you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom