Ghetto gaming challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not TCCD. Thats TCC5. Which is not as good as TCCD. Besides, 2gb is the new standard.

Thanks, looks great. Just one nOOb question before I make the order. Whats the diff beween 3200/4000/5400 ?

....and I'm assuming this PC3200 Rev2 will overclock like a dream ?

=SW=

the PC3200 PC4000 etc are the speeds of the ram, the AMD stock speed for the mobo is PC3200. The only reason to buy PC3500 or above is so you can get your ram to run a 1:1 ratio with your CPU while OC'ing

Yes, but you can overclock the PC3200. If you get higher, that is just ensuring you that it will run at those speeds.

FYI you really should look around more than one store...I simply recommended that place because they have a good price on the Opteron, PE Rev2s you want from here

http://www.ncix.com/products/index....ER2-K&manufacture=OCZ Technology&promoid=1065

That's not TCCD. Thats TCC5. Which is not as good as TCCD. Besides, 2gb is the new standard.
OCZ switched to TCC5 back in April I believe due to TCCD shortages and the simple fact that they wanted to clear out their TCC5 stock...the stuff they're shipping now should be TCCD which is why I RMA'd my TCC5s, although they were still decent doing 280

As for 2GB being a "standard", that's a big no...as of right now there are two games that really need 2GB to perform at absolute highest levels, one being BF2 which is understandable, and the other being FEAR which is simply optimized terribly...apart from that 1GB is still perfectly fine for just about everything and is the perfect sweet spot for price and performance...plus the simple fact that 1GB modules use poor ICs therefore 2GB kits aren't going to overclock very well

gaara said:
plus the simple fact that 1GB modules use poor ICs therefore 2GB kits aren't going to overclock very well
The crucial z503 2x1gb easily does over 300MHz, but they also cost over $300. Right now I have my 2x1gb g.skill ram doing 250 stable, and I havn't tried for higher yet.

I am aware of the PC4000 Ballistix being really good overclockers for 1GB modules, but I am also aware of the high number of those modules that have subsequently died even trying to run stock timings at DDR500 after a period of time

You still can't even begin to compare UCCC chips to the TCCDs and you really can't even touch the price difference...undisputably fact that 512MB will overclock better just like 256MB will overclock even better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom