Log off user remotely!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josj15

Solid State Member
I just wanted to post a cool trick out there,
In windows 2003, set up a terminal server. this trick will only work if u are on a workgroup or domain network. Go to the administrative tools and choose the Terminal Services Manager utility. Go to the actions tab and connect to any computer on your network (you only have to know the ip address or computer name of your victim). Next right click on your victims computer (in the window) and select Log off. And your done.

Im not sure if this can also be done in windows 2000 server but i will test it and tell u guys.

Yes, this is a regular feature in Terminal Services and Citrix with a TS backbone. It's actually very useful.....funny how you say "victim".

-Mike

That is possible to do with Windows 2000 Pro, Server, Adv. Server, D.C., XP Home and PRO. If you go to computer management, right click and click on "Connect to another computer" You can do that. Then you right click on their computer, go to Poperties/Advanced/Startup Shutdown. From there you can log off, restart, shut down a victim's computer. I used to do this all the time to this one kid in one of my Windows 2000 classes. It's a fun thing to do.

also can be done from NT4, xp (all) and all server products, as long as you have permissions.

Use something called shutdown.exe too. Came with NT4 sp4 admin pack I think...
dos based stuff is so much fun...

I just tried doing it over this network... well, i was testing it so i used the send thing.. it didnt work.. i cant locate any computers.. they're running novell netware, so i guess thats why :confused:

Novell Netware for Windows? I'm guessing you are doing this in a class, if you have the permissions to do that and you are also running NetWare. Do people have their own Domain set up? Thats a thing, you have to be in the same workgroup or domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom