HELP! BSOD while Windows is loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylay

Beta member
I have a DELL Dimension 4600. I took my computer from my apartment to my house. I brought all the cables, just left the monitor. The car ride was about 1 hour. I hooked up my computer 1 hour later and now right after the Windows loading screen I get the error messege:

Windows did not start to avoid damage to your computer. Run a diagnosis check, especially on memory, try changing video adapters, and remove any new software or hardwareÂ…

*** STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I keep getting it every time I restart my computer. Every other time I restart it, I get an option to go into Safe mode (which I can do but I canÂ’t check system log because the interface isnÂ’t loaded). I called DELL technical support and they didnÂ’t help at all. They made me do system restore and diagnosis check (express and extended). Then they sent me to a software technician. He thought it was because of Norton Anti-virus (but I would have gotten a 0x00000008 after the 7F). He did a few steps and had no idea, then he sent me back to a hardware technician and he told me to do a full scan (which takes over an hour). All test passed. He was supposed to call me back but he didnÂ’t.

I looked every online. I made sure everything was in place in my computer. I havenÂ’t installed any new hardware or software in the past month. I canÂ’t think of anything that could be the problem.

Please HEEEELP ME!

Did you check for Viruses, etc. Do you do monthly defragments? If you take care of your computer, and this is happening, you might want to try replugging everything in the computer, something might be lose.

Oh boy, if I had a Dollar for every time a Dell had an issue that it's Tech support couldn't fix or was no help at all, i'd be retired right now at 30.

Yea, I reseated the memory sticks, my video adapter, and my ATI TV TUNER. I made sure everything else was secure.

Looks like I might have to back up everything I can and reboot from the OS disc.

Ok. I went back to my apartment and hooked up my monitor and I no longer get the BSOD. All my friends told me it couldn't be the monitor but it was. I guess my computer didn't find it when it was loading and didn't start. It's a ViewSonic LCD monitor by the way.

Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom