where to setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billru44

Baseband Member
Hey,

Where's the ideal place to setup all the equipment? Just because I know about ESD, etc... and I have one of those wrist strap things but dont have an ESD mat or anything like that?

Any recommendations?

when i setup my comp i went to the kitchen, it has a tile floor and i took my socks off. Little risk of static damage. Also, any room without carpet is ideal to me (except the bathroom obviously) and a place that leaves little room for static shock to occur.
Hope this helps.

if u have a wooden table, that'll do it.

well i usually etup all equipment on the carpet. just make sure u r wearing that wrist strap or touch the case before touching components.

My whole house is wood floor, I hate carpets, it gives your house a stuffy feeling.

I also don't wear socks (well actually I never do unless I'm outside), and I try to wear short sleeve shirts and shorts.

But of course, I live in California, the weather here doesn't get too cold. If it was freezing, I wouldn't really be working on my computer tho.

You really should worry too much.....most components are pretty well shielded and do not store memory.....
I guess using the anti-static band would be ok.....but I dont even use that anymore....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom