Someone quick answer before i buy plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munson

Baseband Member
Im just wondering on the baracudda seagate hard drives on new egg they are like almost all OEM... What exactly does that mean ill be getting? and will i need to get something extra to run this?

They don't come with a SATA cable, but your motherboard should come with some. Basicly all you get is the hard drive in a little plastic box.

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. Basically it's a HDD that will come without retail packaging. Also, it will not come with cables. If it's serial ATA, you'll need to have a SATA cable. If it's IDE, you'll need to have an IDE cable.

Also, OEM products usally can only be RMA'd through the manufacturer, not the retailer.

Basically a retailer can buy a bunch of HDD's without retail packaging at a much cheaper price. Then also sell them a cheaper price. They are mostly for system builders, that already have the retail packaging wires and such.

thanks guys, im getting the dfi nf4 sli mobo will it come with the cable? i dont need to buy a sata card or anything do i? isnt it ran by the mobo?

Munson said:
thanks guys, im getting the dfi nf4 sli mobo will it come with the cable? i dont need to buy a sata card or anything do i? isnt it ran by the mobo?

Good. Yes, it comes with plenty of SATA cables. Yes, that MOBO has onboard SATA controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom