pro_seg4.swf
usrdpa.dll
usrmlnka.exe
usrprbda.exe
usrrtosa.dll
usrsdpia.dll
usrshuta.exe
usrsupia.dll

the hubby quit writing them down after that.. are these things important or can we go on with out them? and why does the system continue to crash? it just restarts on us.

The thing that started it all in the first place is that we bought new ram and installed it ourselves.. we know.. from checking that the ram is compatible and works with the computer.. we can't tell if hte ram is bad or not..

computer guy said to take the ram out and see if the problems persist.. which.. we did and they haven't.. so that tells me the ram is probably bad..

BUT.. what happens if we test the ram.. it says it's good.. but the problems persist.. do I need these drivers? and what are they for? Am I asking too many questions.. hehe?

Any input would be good.. I'm willing to do research.

Windows is corrupted. Put in your XP cd and go to the BIOS and make the first bootable drive the CDrom where the Windows cd is loacted (you can just switch it back after windows is repaired). Enter setup and select a repair of windows. You will need to reinstall drivers for some of your hardware so make sure those installation CD's are available too. Let me know what the result is (dangling participle notwihtstanding!).

hubby says that is what he usually does.. but with the new ram.. it wouldnt work.. so does that mean the ram is bad?

sometime two different ram sticks just don't like each other. I had this exact problem on a couple of computers. I usually leave the highest value in and buy that exact same ram as that one..

is your ram ddr2100, 2700, 3200 or sdram pc133 or pc100?
try setting your bios to the defaults and see if that fixes the ram timings. sometime that fixes the problem

They aren't exactly the same, but size wise they are and I'm told that they are the same type as ram.. we looked at the numbers and they match too.

The ram is ddr400.. the hubby knows how to get into the bios but does not know how to reset the timing. I'm hoping the ram will work, i purchased it and had it shipped... i absolutely trust the company... but dont want to wait weeks to get things worked out.

2 ways to go with this

take your original stick out put the other one in, then run it. it should run fine. if it don't it's probably bad

or just load the fail safe defaults. I've had mobo's that didn't reset the ram timings when you added the ram. setting the bios to the fail safe defaults will usually ciorrect the problem.

do you run it in single channel or dual channel mode?

I just had this problem 2 weeks ago with a computer that i was selling. I added a 512 stick with the 256 one. windows wouldn't act right, I couldn't reinstall windows either as it couldn't read the cd properly. I finally left the 512 one in (the new one) after a lot of troubleshooting, I reinstall windows and all was fine

breathofvitalit said:
They aren't exactly the same, but size wise they are and I'm told that they are the same type as ram.. we looked at the numbers and they match too.

The ram is ddr400.. the hubby knows how to get into the bios but does not know how to reset the timing. I'm hoping the ram will work, i purchased it and had it shipped... i absolutely trust the company... but dont want to wait weeks to get things worked out.

what company did you order it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom