usb headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
i need some help figuring out how to connect the USB headers from my case to my Mobo. My mobo has 3 sets of 9 pins that are labeled USB 1,2, and 3. here are the functions of each of the 9 pins : 1)VCC1 2)Data+ 3)Data- 4)Ground 5)VCC2 6)Data+2 7) Data-2 8)Ground2 9)No connection

ok.. now there are 2 wires coming from the Usb ports on the front of my case.. i guess 1 wire for each port. On each of the 2 wires, there are 4 separate black pins. the first wire has VCC, Data+, Data- and Ground. the second wire has the same except they are all have #2 after them. my question is, do both of these 4 pin wires go into the same 9 pin socket.. or does the first wire go into Usb 1 and the second into usb 2? keep in mind that if i put them on separate sockets, there will be 5 empty pins on each socket.. hope i am clear

thanks so much.. i got it in.. now i also am confused about the audio headers.. let me explain. My mobo book shows that the audio socket has 9 pins.. heres the layout from 1 to 9: Aud_Mic, Aud_Gnd, Aud_Mic_Bias, Aud_Vcc, Aud_FPout_R, Aud_Ret_R, HP_On, Aud_FPout_L and Aud_Ret_L. Ok now ... my case has a wire with 8 separate pins labeled: L In, L Out, R In, R Out, Mic In, Mic Bias, Gnd and Gnd. can you explain where each of these pins go into the Mobo socket? im really confused. my case doesnt have some of the pins that the mobo has labeled

are the ports at the front of your case just a Line Out and Microphone?

Connect the wires from case to motherboard as follows:

(take jumpers out first)

L In --> Aud_Ret_L
L Out --> Aud_FPout_L
R In --> Aud_Ret_R
R Out --> Aud_FPout_R
Mic In --> Aud_Mic
Mic Bias --> Aud_Mic_Bias
Gnd --> Aud_Gnd

dont worry about the other ground because from looking at a diagram of your motherboard there isnt a spot for it.

a list of what each pin does:
http://www.pctechguide.com/tutorials/MBoard_Audio.htm

btw, you dont have to hook these up to make your computer run, you can always configure these later.

thanks soo much.. im gonna boot up in 5 minutes. i hope everything works. thanks for taking the time to look at my mobo diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom