How do I find out what my MotherBoard is? CPU-Z Doesnt Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

20piass

Solid State Member
How do I find out if my mother board has an AGP slot

I got a New laptop for X-mas from my Parents and now i cannot run my game. Call of Duty2
It tells me to make sure all my Directx files are as enabled, but one says i cannot enable it, the AGP slot.
Now i need to figure out if it is my Motherboard that does not have an AGP slot or if it is my Videocard (The ones that come with it when you first buy it (you know the ones that suck))
This is my laptop model:
HP Pavillion dv4000

If ANYONE can help me, PLEASE POST HERE!!!!

The new upgrades include the fastest Pentium M on the market, the 2.13 GHz Pentium M 770. The company also offers the option of adding discrete graphics, namely the ATI Mobility Radeon X700, which is something the dv4000 lacked in the past. The X700 is the same graphics processing unit found on the Acer Ferrari 4000 and delivers the same impressive gaming performance. The upgrades boosted the dv4000's SYSmark 2004 SE scores. But MobileMark 2005 battery tests suffered because of the power-hungry components, yielding only 2 hours 28 minutes. We suggest getting the 95-Wh 12-cell battery for an extra $25.

So, it's an intergated video GPU just like all laptops and doesn't have a AGP slot. AGP is an integrated function of the mobo. It's a laptop! Call HP and ask them why this puter won't run your game. It may have something to do wiht the software demands of the game and not your latop. Laptops, as I sure you are aware, are not very good gaming rigs becasue they lack PC type motherboards and slots. Everything is "on-baord"...the reason for their size and portability.

I completly skipped over the fact that you have a notebook. Download this and tell us what you got. I checked on your gpu that came with your notebook and there 3 versions and none are AGP.

EDIT: They ^^ explained it better than me.

Is it possible for me to get an AGP slot for it? If so, where? and how much should i be looking to spend? (Canadian Dollars)

I cannot acquire an AGP slot even if i get a different mother board?

EDIT: when i click Run and type in dxdiag it tells me that it IS running 9.0

Radeon X700 Technology Specifications
4 or 8 parallel pixel pipelines
Six programmable vertex shader pipelines
110 million transistors on 0.11 micron fabrication process
64/128-bit memory interface supporting DDR SGRAM, DDR SDRAM, GDDR3 SDRAM
AGP 8x or PCI Express® x16 lane native support
Video In/Video Out board versions available

NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT NVIDIA GeForce 6800Ultra
Code name NV40 NV40
Process technology 0,13 0,13
Q-ty of transistors 222 mln 222 mln
Memory bus 256-bit (GDDR3) 256-bit (GDDR3)
Bus AGP 4x / 8x AGP 4x / 8x
Memory 256Mb 256Mb
Chip clock speed 350 MHz 400 MHz
Memory speed 500 MHz (1000 GDDR3) 550 MHz (1100 GDDR3)
Video memory access time GDDR3 2.0 ns GDDR 1.6 ns
Q-ty of Vertex Pipelines 6 6
Q-ty of pixel pipelines 16 16

Look at the specs: this compares X700 with an Nvidia 6800gt. Regaurdless of HP's false advertising, which it is, that is not a "Blazing" gaming computer. My old PC with a Nvidia 5600 will grossly out do that laptop.....but I would love to have it! Your parents bought you a very nice machine!! It will be good for school, DVD's and music....but not gaming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom