Help! window xp repair doesn't work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhonjo

Baseband Member
Well my intial problem was that my taskbar just disappeared all the sudden. I tried messing with the control panel and nothing seem to work. I came here and searched for the problem and they all seem to reply to do the repair. So I did and durring the repair sequence with the blue screen, it went well without a problem, but after that it gave the screen similar to when you set up all the users and network setting when installing win xp. Anyway, when its at the "installing window" stage it goes fine till it hits around "setup will complete in approximately: 34 minutes" it gives me a message saying
"The file 'VIAAGP1.SYS' on VIA AGP Filter Driver Disk is needed"
and it gives me a option to browse but I can't locate it on the window cd, video card cd, or on my hard drive. and if I cancle it, it just sits there doing nothing.

Does anyone have a clue about this VIAAGP1.sys??
plz help...anything would be nice...I would like avoid reformating my hardrive.

Well you can download it from here and see if that will solve your problem.

well I saved it on to a cd-rw and it went fine but after pressing ok now its in the same stage as if I were to just pressed the cancle button. Its just sittin there at 34 minutes. How would I stream it on xp cd? any more suggestions?

will it let you cancel it and then go with the install and then ask you for aother file? if it does, your cd might be scratched

uhh so do I need the installer or Selfextracting? How do you even download cuz it doesn't work just left clicking on the mirrors or doing the right click save as method. I never used this before so more detail will be nice. If I canecel it it doesn't ask me anything...it just sits there. It wouldn't matter if I took out the cd. It just stops running the installation without any error for some reason.

well im typing this from a different computer. the computer with the problem just goes through the "installing window" stage, so how would I even install and run programs at that stage? Is there a way just to avoid the installing window part and go straight to desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom