Why do gamers hate LCDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use LCD because of the size. I don't have much space on my desk, so an LCD is perfect. The picture quality is also flawless, so it's great both ways. ;)

The only downside of OLEDs is impurities in the inks.....which is what the canandians should of been working on improving.

LCD average span = 60,000
Some inks used in OLEDs have an aveage lifespan of 150000.
Instead of using transistors, you have leds.
Leds are used to give hdr effect........
So why get LCD Hdr ?
Nothing to get stuck during the lifespan of an OLED and failure means total matrix failure with is an oled downside.......

Technology is improving........
OLED\PHOLEDS will lead to

Paper thin\flexible monitors\displays\tvs
The applications are limitless, especially if the developement technology is inkjet\bubble jet printers.

Organic Transistors
For example a multifunction device with is a pen and a laptop.......the laptop is rolled into the pen......just unroll

Example...
John Doe: My laptops is 3.6 pounds....what about your's
Jane Doe: My laptop weighs .5 ounces

Also, flying cars are not to far off either.......they have to work out problem in which some objects implode when the high frequency electricity interferes with radio waves......

Cold fusion is also not far off.....just a few composition problems......

The only things that are not even visible on the horizion is warp\hyperspace travel and time travel......

shdwsclan said:
The only downside of OLEDs is impurities in the inks.....which is what the canandians should of been working on improving.

LCD average span = 60,000
Some inks used in OLEDs have an aveage lifespan of 150000.
Instead of using transistors, you have leds.
Leds are used to give hdr effect........
So why get LCD Hdr ?
Nothing to get stuck during the lifespan of an OLED and failure means total matrix failure with is an oled downside.......

Technology is improving........
OLED\PHOLEDS will lead to

Paper thin\flexible monitors\displays\tvs
The applications are limitless, especially if the developement technology is inkjet\bubble jet printers.

Organic Transistors
For example a multifunction device with is a pen and a laptop.......the laptop is rolled into the pen......just unroll

Example...
John Doe: My laptops is 3.6 pounds....what about your's
Jane Doe: My laptop weighs .5 ounces

Also, flying cars are not to far off either.......they have to work out problem in which some objects implode when the high frequency electricity interferes with radio waves......

Cold fusion is also not far off.....just a few composition problems......

The only things that are not even visible on the horizion is warp\hyperspace travel and time travel......

Shut up man, we bash lcds cuase CRTs are better i dont have to list out, they are better u guys know.

price

no response time rating needed, it doesnt have one.

It last for ever(k a very long time).

price

the its picture clarity, brightness, and color vibrance blows away my old CRT. is stupid that sh!t is so subjective.

Price

CRT CRT.

efd753 said:
Shut up man, we bash lcds cuase CRTs are better i dont have to list out, they are better u guys know.

price

price

the its picture clarity, brightness, and color vibrance blows away my old CRT. is stupid that sh!t is so subjective.

Price

CRT CRT.

Unintelligent comments like this is what screams "fanboy!". Ill give you price, its true that a good CRT costs considerably less than a good LCD. Other than that, there is not one thing you listed that hasn't been fixed in newer LCDs.

efd753 said:

price

price

Price

CRT CRT.
I have no idea what this guy just said. :confused:

i have a question. for those of you who game and don't mind lcds, what lcd would you recommend that doesn't ghost or look any different than a crt would?

BandwidthHogg said:

Just for reference, I had a Samsung Syncmaster 997DF CRT so it was a good CRT.

Thats the monitor I have, It definitely is a good one, but I thought it had a washed out look so I set my monitor brightness to 25 and it took care of the problem:)

What LCD monitor did you buy?

Re: Re: Why do gamers hate LCDs?

DBD said:
Thats the monitor I have, It definitely is a good one, but I thought it had a washed out look so I set my monitor brightness to 25 and it took care of the problem:)

What LCD monitor did you buy?

if you're asking me, i don't have one.. i'm just in the market to get rid of my cheap logisys 15.5" viewable CRT pos :p

Ive got an LCD, and its very nice for any new games, blowing away my old CRT. The only thing I really dislike about it is the old games that ran on like 320x200 resolution. My monitor cant display them so the only way i can play monkey island 1 and 2 is in a window, and its not the same that way. Maybe ill set up one of my old crappo comps and make it a monkey island box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom