Criticize This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyper

Baseband Member
if anyone cares and has an extra minute, I would appreciate it. most of this stuff was picked according to the advice of people on this forum. i appreciate the help, and there is a ton of great info in these forums.

I want to build this system mostly for gaming, but it will also be used on days when I may be working at home, on .NET & other projects. I'm not adding an extravagant sound card right now, because.. well, because I don't really care too much about sound yet. :) I will add one later when I have the extra money.

Case
Antec PERFORMANCE TX TX1050B Black Steel Server 500W ATX12V v2.0

Board (free w/ video card)
eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB

Video Card
eVGA 256-P2-N518 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

HardDrive
Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JD 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150

Memory
(2 of these) gigaram 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)

CD/DVD ROM
PLEXTOR Black IDE DVD Burner Model PX-740A/SW-BL

Does this look like a good setup? Is there ANYTHING I am leaving out? I am going to be ticked if I place this order, get everything in, and realize I am missing something. Do I need any thermal grease, etc for the CPU?

Total Cost (newegg, including shipping): $1,120.56

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't really afford the 7800 and the motherboard. How much performance difference is there betweent eh 6800 and 7800 cards? (I have no use for dual digital output).

there is a pretty big difference between the 6800 and the 7800 series. Well you could wait, as im pretty sure the prices of the 7800 series will drop.

Why dont you go for the 3200+ for 160 dollars saves you about 60 dollars

I like the look of your setup.... :) it is very similar to mine. Just a tip, I currently have my system OCed to about 2.6ghz with 240 htt. Good luck.

I would also recommend my MOBO if you can afford it, it is great for OCing and I have really appricated its features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom