What To Buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach2k6

Baseband Member
I have £1150 (can stretch this to £1500 if needed)

I Cannot build my own Computer, I really do not have the time to research on how to do it, and to buy all the parts.

So...I want a computer than can play games like half life 2 and I want it for video authoring.

Should I get a dell XPS?
Should I get a Alienware?

can someone pick out a good deal for me??
by the way im in the uk

www.dell.co.uk
www.alienware.co.uk

cheers

Dont even buy a dell, as they are overpriced with their XPS series.

Dont ever buy an alienware, as they are overpriced and rip you off.

Buy from www.ibuyers.com www.cyberpowers.com

i know that www.monarchcomputers.com ship worldwide.

So you have about 1300 dollars to spends USD.

MSI K8N NEO4-F
eVGA 7800GTX or the X1800XT as you play half life 2 most of the time and half life is ATI based. Just like Doom is nVidia based.
Corsair valueselect 1GB
Seagate barracuda, however big you want it, sata150 hdd
Antec truepower 550W power supply
Case is more of a personal perference, Thermaltake Soprano is one of my favorites.

PZEROFGH said:
Dont even buy a dell, as they are overpriced with their XPS series.

Dont ever buy an alienware, as they are overpriced and rip you off.

Buy from www.ibuyers.com www.cyberpowers.com

i know that www.monarchcomputers.com ship worldwide.

So you have about 1300 dollars to spends USD.

MSI K8N NEO4-F
eVGA 7800GTX or the X1800XT as you play half life 2 most of the time and half life is ATI based. Just like Doom is nVidia based.
Corsair valueselect 1GB
Seagate barracuda, however big you want it, sata150 hdd
Antec truepower 550W power supply
Case is more of a personal perference, Thermaltake Soprano is one of my favorites.

Thanks for your help but the first two links you gave me dont work and monarch do not ship worldwide (checked the forum)

Monarch Computer Systems ships to Australia, all of South America and most of Europe. To place an international order, you must fill out a quote request form and a member of our sales team will reply with a quote complete with shipping charges to your shipping address and instructions on how to complete your order.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=WC

Thanks for your help but the first two links you gave me dont work

yeah i forgot what the company is...

I would say your 3rd link is crap don't buy from there. Also what do you need? do you need a monitor, mouse, keyboard etc or do u just need the main system? Huge price difference between getting a system with a decent LCD vs not.

I would still recommend building your own, it isn't that hard. I had never done it, but learning from this forum alone I was able to build a nice gaming system that is in my sig. Various people are happy to give you links to all the different parts that you would need. Just start a new post with the topic: "Help build best gaming system with $xxxx budget" or something along those lines and the helpers will come runnin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom