Toshiba Lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brain

Baseband Member
Hey folks,
Just wondering if anyone here has an easy way to get the appropriate Toshiba drivers for a laptop. I know with the Dell laptops, you can just type the Service tag number in, and it will show you all the driver downloads for that model. I find it very confusing with Toshiba because Im not able to find the exact model of the laptop according to the Toshiba website. The model I have is this base model, with a couple of extra specs.

Link

I have gotten the wireless, display, chipset drivers from browsing through multiple parts of the site. I am missing the Audio.

Thanks in advance

I have checked all Toshiba support pages, and was not able to come across something that lets me know exactly which drivers are for my Laptop. That site you just referred me to doesnt have drivers for Laptops. The site I have been using is Link

The thing is that in there, there are so many models that are listed for the Satellites that Im not sure which one mine falls under.

what is the make, model, etc. did you check the c drive yet? Dell puts the drivers for the pc on there maybe tosh does the same

I placed my own image on the laptop, and it was formatted when I got it. The link I put in my first post shows a model that looks identical to mine, so Im assuming its that model, but it doesnt seem to match up with the models that Toshiba lists on their drivers page. I have now gotten everything to work, but Ive used drivers from different models of laptops and they seemed to work, but it really shouldnt be like that. I have mostly been using the trial and error strategy. Ahh well, seems to be working now, but I just wanted to see if anyone had a quick link or anything that could either identify my exact model, or provide a list of drivers that would work.

This might be easier for you, download sisoft sandra and it will tell you what kind of audio you have and then you can do a search for it. The most common is Realteck AC-97

Thanks alot for the help. That is actually the driver i used to install the audio. I have Sandra installed on my main PC, and didnt think to just throw it on my laptop and view more details on my configuration. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom