10k build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen people spend $5000+ on dinner, So you people have to think about it that way

Me too thats why I say bs on this one as I would not give my money to a uneducated nephew to build me what he thinks is good

Case: Lan-Li
Mobo: Lanparty SLi-DR
CPU: X2 4800+
RAM: 2GB OCz platnium
HDDs: 2 74GB Raptors raid 0
2 250GB WD Caviars Raid 1
GPUs: 2 512MB geforce 7800GTX

Water cooling kit:
CPU Block: DangerDen TDX
GPU Block: DangerDen Maze4
Radiator: DangerDen Black Ice Xtreme III
Pump: Swiftech MCP655
Res: Swiftech MCRES-525
some 1/2" tubing
some 1/2" clamps
some UV reactive liquids

Also:
Some Cathodes
Some LED fans

total: do the math.

wow too many ppl here are way to negative and for u guys that say bs lemme ask u somthing if u were just given 10k to go build a computer would u walk away?? comon now dont lie to urself u would snatch it up so fast! and chances are u would post on here for suggestions woulnt u! ya i thought so! if he has 10k let him build the most badass computer out there heck i cant wait to see the finished product sounds like is gunna be one **** of a machine.

i say go all out and get all the bells and whistles but make it look sweet to wuts a 10k computer if it just has a blck case :p

good luck and post pics when u get it done

"I got offered money from a very rich uncle to build him a computer"

I call BS...people with that much money are not that stupid to offer someone who has to go online and ask what they should do with the money on the build!!!!!

Trust me, there are people like that in the world
My friend has an aunt in europe which send him $3500 to build a computer. He is not too bright....but he spend $1500 and pocketed the rest. I didn't believe it unil I say his bank account.....but I know he spent every cent on school, he does have a job, nor did he sell anything worth that much.........nor does he deal drug.....

i would say make him a nice gamin PC w/ fancy custum built case. (like woodden finish) and also get a top of the line mac. he'll be busy exploring 2 new computers for a while. i have mac and pc. PC=game, mac=everything else. and i love having both. PC is good for gaming and 3d stuff if he wants to do. and for general use and everything else, mac is easier to use and already rock solid stable as **** w/ any heavey multi tasking or whatever use. that would be good 2x 5k comps.

I'm not even going to get into why people are recommending bloody 7800 cards for an email/internet PC

Build him a nice machine for $900, invest the majority of your money into CPU horsepower...pocket $100 for service charges and then give the other $9000 to charity

Just because you have the money doesn't mean you have to spend it...I'm a hardware consultant, I sit down with people and figure out what people want their computer to do, I assemble them a rough outline of what they need to do what they want and then hand them a quote...this is no different, you know what the guy wants, now build something appropriate, not some whacked out bragging rights dream machine

For the amount of stuff that uncle wants to do, u could get him a 1 grand desktop. I don't know. My brother made his own comp for around 3000 bucks and he's fine with it. It's a server with 2 gig ram dual proccesor and a bunch of hardrives. It's awesome. That is 2 much money that uncle gave u to spend because all of it can'r be spent on the amount of stuff that he wants to do with the comp.

this reminds me of the time my friend inherted oodles of money from his grand parents and asked me to help him buld a 15k computer, i told him to just buy the best alienware and gimme the rest. he did alot of cool vdeo editing and stuff like that. he didnt know jack about computers but he was a freaking master at editing videos and creatin weird videos.

also if this dudes uncle is so rich just let him get the best of everything. it sounds like chump change to him anyways. hes rich **** get what he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom