Overclocking Socket A Sempron 2500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

180Mhz

In Runtime
Ive been messing around with my sempron 2500+ trying to overclock it. Im wondering what is the highest voltage i can safely pump through the core of this cpu? Im am aware that the multiplier is locked at 10.5x. The cpu bus is 166Mhz and with my abit mobo the FSB is a ratio of the cpu bus so i can safely overclock the CPU without puting stress on my PCI southbridge and controllers. The AGP is also locked at 66Mhz and i can bump it up to 99Mhz if I wish. I am kinda wanting to get this CPU from 1750Mhz to around 2200Mhz. I have read forums about people who have done it but they didnt give any details as to what their voltages etc. were. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you.

PS my system specs are in my sig.

Alright i bumped up my CPU bus to 180Mhz from 166Mhz and my core voltage from 1.6 to 1.625. My CPU is now clocked at 1902Mhz. I am running Prime95 right now to see how stable my system is.

I was wondering, how would i go about checking my PCI bus speed? My motherboard doesnt seem to show it in the bios? Anyone know of any programs that i can look at the clocks of my system in windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom