Harddrive x_X

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0ntr4d1cti0n

Beta member
Yeah... I reallllly dont know very much... and I'd like to get this right the first time :p, so here are the questions.

My current harddrive currently has windows xp pro (illegal copy) on it... but it had some really weird errors that kept making me angry... so I went out and bought the full thing..

What I would like to know, is how do I get rid of everything I have on the harddrive right now? I dont really know how to format it... And I read the XP manual and it told me that if i put the disk in I could upgrade if I already had a copy of Windows installed. But i want to just start fresh, and be able to make the harddrive compleatly blank, then turn on the comp, and put in the XP Pro disk and install it =x.

Im worried ill mess somethin up tho ><.. so if you can tell me how to clear my harddrive compleatly.. and then if I will be able to install the windows disk simply by putting it in with no operating system on the harddrive at all..

Help is very much appreciated^^.

p0werslave said:
Reformat, put the win xp pro cd in at boot and it should give you the option to format

how do i "reformat" sure i could search google.. but i find people more reliable then dated information =x

put the Windows CD in your drive, restart and boot from it. You may need to go into the BIOS and make sure your boot sequence is CD-ROM, then Hard Drive. So when you're restarting with the CD in drive, press "any key" to boot from the CD and it should start going to windows setup. It's fairly straightforward. When you get to the place where you select a partition to install windows on, select the one you want. Sometimes I delete the OS partition and then create a new one in it's place. Be sure to choose the NTFS format. Then select that partition to install windows on and continue through the installation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom