Elbatrop1's Guide to RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
just might want to note that although PC3200 Should have 3.2gps bandwidth some pc3200 can be as low as 2.4-5gps bandwidth

RE:

Hi

Your info's good for those who want some basic knowledge but I am a bit confused why you don't include RD Ram as a common type of ram. Yes it is more for servers and it does not really concern the basic user but it can be used in a desktop system aswell.

You must know that RD Ram has been around for some time and most IBM servers and other servers will have that type of ram for their systems but have your ever wondered or looked at the possibility of getting a AMD opertron or Xeon based system instead of a Althon64 X2 etc etc. I know I have including ideas of the possibility of an dual Octo core computer. The Octo (8) is based on Intel's latest predictions of the up and coming lines coming out of their production runs. Octo cores should be here by 2008.

Sorry to get sidetracked. RD Ram against a DDR2 667mhz computer would be quite interesting. Some high performance gaming computers have become in essence a server geared for gaming. Some even have dual or custom water cooling systems for dual core dual processor systems.

Just thought I'd add these comments for you guys to think about.

Kind Regards
lamedog

Re: RE:

lamedog said:
Your info's good for those who want some basic knowledge but I am a bit confused why you don't include RD Ram as a common type of ram.
well, it really isn't a common type of RAM.
Intel tried to push people to RD when they made their Pentium 4's (RDRAM is the reason the Pentium 4's FSB is quad pumped) however DDR was (and still is) a lot less expensive, and performance not much less, especially with dual channel.

it didn't grow into the market very much, and just faded away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom