DirectX Problems - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavieJT

Beta member
Firstly Happy Christmas and happy holidays to everyone :D

Okay so heres the problem;

My work laptop - HP Compaq nx6110, Intel Pentium M processor 1.72GHz, 504.B RAM, DirectX 9.0c;
Display - Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset.

Running on Windows XP Professional SP2.

Right firstly, been having problems with fullscreen programs, e.g windows media player fullscreened says 'To use the Full Screen command, you might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open Display in Control Panel, and then try setting Hardware acceleration to Full.'

Although fullscreen works using a program like VLC to watch DVDs.

Also trying to run Google Earth wont let me use DirectX mode, and i have to switch it to OpenGL.

When i click the 'intel graphics media accelerator driver for mobile' which brings up a program with a few options, one being 'launch zoom' which when clicked says 'A Direct3D Error occured. Please ensure that the latest version of Directx is correctly installed on the system.'

Now i was happy for all these things to go on until today when i got a computer game from my family for christmas 'Rome: Total War'. Installed it, and it was all going well until i tried to play it and i got - 'Rome: Total War failed to find DirectX 9, which is required for thegame to run. Please reinstall DirectX'

Now ive managed to play quite a few games on this laptop which required a high graphics ability, so i know its possible

Ive tried everything i can think of;
reinstalled SP2
reinstalled DirectX
used dxdiag - which says everything is working fine, although it does say 'Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.'

Can someone please help :) Im happy to provide any more information you might need.

did this just start to happen? or has it been doing this since you've go ti? if this just started run a virus and spyware scan then we'll go from there

Thanku for the reply. :D

Nope this has been happening since i got it. Ive ran virus and spyware scans anyway, and they havent found anything

uninstall DX 9. Use a program called driver cleaner and google for a DX cleaner. After than then try to reinstall DX9 and see if that helps. If all else fails you can try to install the DX9 SDK for Dec and see if that might do something for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom