new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustav213

Baseband Member
i am building a new system to play games and make it kind of my own media center in my room. i found a combo in tigerdirect.com for $359.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1644233&CatId=2023

the mobo includes a 7800gt 256mb card so i think its a good deal for me. i will also try to buy another geforce 7800 to put it in sli,

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1638088&CatId=1560

i will be putting an AMD 3800x2 procesor. with either 1 or 2 gigs of corsair xms memory, i am not sure yet.

i will be using a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE White box Tuner Card - Retail as my tuner card from newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815116628

and the hdd, dvd burner and power supply i already ahve. i might buy a sata 3gb/s 250gb hdd from western digital if i still ahve some money left.

this is what i am thinking of up to now. i jsut want to know what people think of the mobo, and how much memory i should put in it right now. i will put it all inside a thermaltake armour case

i need you to explain something, why are you buying 2 vid cards and is that possible to put into your pc? heard about that b4 but never understood why and if it is possible! its obvious that it will enhance graphics but just want to know how it is possible and if it is possible to have 2 vid cards in your pc? and by how much does it enhance the graphics and the pc?

other than that, the components your thinking of buying are high end and think you should put as much ram as possible!

You could buy the two 7800gt and then put them in SLI if you want. SLI doesnt improve performance that much and thus isnt really worth the money. Go with 2gbs of RAM if you want to game. What kind of psu do you have and what is your budget?

well right now my budget is no more than 1500. i have an Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply, i jsut bought it. i will put 2 gigs in the system, and probably hold off from sli and only use one card. i am looking into the ASUS A8N-32, since it does appear to have real 16x on both video cards at the same time. so even though right now in SLI it wont have the greatest effect it will only be sometime until the video cards company come out with some sort of update to take better advantage of this detail. i will have sli soon, since i do like getting the most out of my system, but i wont get sli right now probably in a couple of months. the reason i want so much power in the video department is because the pc will be connected to two very big monitors in very high resolutions. i have one 24in for my pc and another 30in as my tv so you can understand why i need so much power. i know it would be easier to build another media pc but i just like to be able to do everyting with one pc.

but i will ask what ppl think of the A8N-32 from asus since it is so new to the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom