Getting the same program to run twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
so heres a little tutorial of how to do it, please correct me if I did the tutorial rong. thanks alot :)

1. Download the game and it should be in My Computer > C: > Program Files. Then download the game agian and name it some other name and it can be out of the C: drive. So now you have dowloaded the game twice but they are both named differend and one is in the C: drive and one is out of the C: drive.
2. Go to one of the two and double click on the icon to make sure it is running. now press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and it will pop of the Windows Task Manager. Fild your game under the Processes and right click on it. Now click on Set Affinity and that will bring up the box that will allow you to select or deselect CPU 1 or/and 2. Make one of the two simular games CPU 1 and make the other one CPU 0.
3. now just go where the 2 simular games are located and double click on each of the icons and it should bring up both at the same time. So now you have the same game/grogram running twice at the same time even if the game/program is suppost to detect if there is more than 1 running.

Even if you change the processor affinity, it probably wont work.

Programs use something called Mutexes, and those work across all processors. It keeps only one instance running since the call to open the mutex section (MUTually EXclusive) blocks or returns a failure code when entering a MUTEX that is in use. Also like a semaphore, etc.

If you dont have access to source code, or a way to undo the mutex, it can't be done.

oh, i see. Thanks for the good info on this topic. Now I understand this much more, have a good merry christmas.

I have another question to ask, I was playing at PartyPoker.com and I met 1 of the players, he was very cocky saying he has billions of dollors in play money and he cant get more for free. Well he brought me to a 5/10 table where the most you can bring on to the table is like 2K and he brought like 99999999billion make money dollors to the table. Now i was shocked on how he could of done this but i swear to god i sall it and it was done. They guy can get free money for free and how much he wants is just up to him. 9999992342345$ he can have, doesnt really matter. Can someone tell me how the **** he did this. There is got to be a way but i know its got to be a hack or program. Please help someone?

hey there

i am new at this forum, and i actually registered to ask a question about this topic.

I have been looking all over for something that would help me as well. I am also interested in running the same program twice, but I have been able to, as a matter of fact, it is not hard, you just need to use your imagination.

At XP you can just switch users, and open the program in two or more users, and the program thats only installed once will open and behave as if it was a different install in each account.

But then my problem is, that it is really unconvienent for me to have to change accounts every time i need the program from the other account.

Is there a way to split the screen so different sessions will show in part of the screen? I mean, I know it is possible to run the program and have it behave independently at the same time, but is it possible not to have to switch screens each time?

Thank you
Kio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom