MBO DFI Infinity/Dagf nForce 4
2x RAM PC-3200, 512MB, DDR, KINGMAX, DDR 400 MHz
HDD 160.0 GB MAXTOR, DiamondMax 10, Serial ATA, 8MB cache, 7200
DVD±RW NEC ND-3550, 16x, silver, Dual layer ± recording, bulk
PS Coolermaster 430w
Case CHENBRO, Gaming Bomb, blue, no PS
Floppy drive 3.5'', 1,44MB
______________________________ = about 900 euro

Is this configuration OK. I would use it mostly for gaming and i maxed out my budget so i can't take some more expensive parts. Are all of the key parts best of what i can get for the price?

I believe that your GPU is going to be bottlenecked by the A64 3000+. You may want to go with a little less graphics power and upgrade the CPU to more like a 3400+ or 3500+. Is that Newcastle ($140 USD) or Venice rev ($190 USD)? 3000+ Venice runs about 60 USD more than Newcastle, and for about 11 dollars more than that you get A64 3500+ Venice. ($201 USD)

The XFX 6800GS lists for $205 USD, you can get the Gigabyte version for $189 USD. That could pay for the CPU upgrade itself, and you get better OC potential for the difference.
My two cents...

i dont know were georgekn3mp gets his prices, but the 3000 venice is about $150 USD last time i checked, probably cheaper now. and i dont know if there is any substance to what georgekn3mp is saying about the 3000 bottle necking you, iv heard they are good, you probably wont have issues with it.

and Rogy listed the XFX 6800GS as the EXTREME XXX edition... witch costs more then the normal 6800GS... thats a ripoff, dont get the EXTREME edition, all XFX does is just Overclock the card a little by default... you can do that on your own.

Id recomend you get the standard "eVGA" 6800GS... the eVGA has S-Video VIVO, no other brand i saw has that input.

and there are quite a few other Harddrive manufacturues out there.... Chose one besides MAXTOR.... such as - Samsung / Seagate / or WesternDigital.... all of those are good except Maxtor.

I cant say anything about the motherboard... and i dont know what KINGMAX is, but i do know that (2x512) performance ram is getting pritty cheap nowadays... you may wont to go with some of those instead.

If we were talking about USD i would recomend you this Fortron Sorce Dual 12v 450watt PSU... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954

That configuration to me looks to be Ideal for gaming or anything really.

and there are quite a few other Harddrive manufacturues out there.... Chose one besides MAXTOR.... such as - Samsung / Seagate / or WesternDigital.... all of those are good except Maxtor.

Maxtor is fine, this forum seems to be VERY anti Maxtor but i have had no problems with my 120gb Maxtor.

Just make sure you buy a drive with enough space for future growth, i just bought a 250gb Seagate and im sure i will fill it up. Remember, Seagate drives are very quiet so i recommend a Seagate drive over the Maxtor.

Kingmax is a decent brand, it isnt Generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom