Memory Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoLeafClova

Baseband Member
i was wondering if 256 mb ram was enough for a gamer. i see people with 512 and started to ask myself if it was enough to be a gamer.

I wouldnt use anything less than 512 myself... I run win XP and it uses 180 by its self, that leaves 75Mb for apps and games hmmm not enough I think.
So the simple answer would be stick 512 in and every thing should run hunky unless you do heavy duty video or 3d editing

I agree totally .. i think 512 has become an essential thing .. Especially if ur into gaming

512 is a necessity almost. 1024 is best. I suggest getting a 512 stick. and in the future, get another one. Get a good brand. and try to get ones that have heat sinks. Once you hit 512, heating becomes serious.

ya 512 is good for gaming i am on the website msn messenger and zone alarm win xp and norton. And i have 280megs free

512 at least

Yeah, use at least 512MB. If you have an ASUS mobo equipped with a dual channel memory controller, use two sticks of the same brand 256MB to take advantage of ASUS' Twin Bank technology for doubling memory bandwidth.

if you have a tight budget than i would get 256MB memory. if you find it is unbearable just get another 256MB stick and add it to your computer to bring total to 512MB. when i used 256MB it wasn't running much slower. not noticeable anyways

ekÆsine's right .. this way u get to test the system with 256 n' then get another 256 if required ..

Also u can probably use it dual channel mode too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom