First Build HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
I put all the parts in i ordered, and the first time i turned the power on, everything worked for about 5 seconds then it shut off, then went back and and just repeated the process.
Here are the parts i have in it

ASRock 775Dual-880Pro motherboard
Pentium 4 Prescott 2.8GHZ 800MHz FSB
Crucial 1GB (2*512MB) DDR2533(PC2-4200) RAM 240-Pin
JetWay 256MB Radeon 9250-AD-256CY DDR AGP 8x/4x
Kingwin ATX 420 watt tower
HP IDE DVD Burner w/ lightscribe
Maxtor 80GB ATA HD

please help i dont know if its the power supply or maybe the ram. i took the video card out and tried it and it did the same thing, i tried unplugging the HD and dvd burner and still did the same thing.

what do you mean like switching them around cuz my motherboard has only two DDR2 slots and two DDR slots so should i just take one out or switch them around?

The motherboard says it supports DDR2 533(PC2-4300) and then some other different types so do you think the DDR2 533(PC2-4200) isnt working with it or does it matter?

Reseating it means take it out and put it back in, making sure that it is seated completely in the slot and that the clips are in the notches for them.

If it still doesn't work, take out one stick and try it. If it still doesn't work, swap out that stick for the other.

ok i tried all of that and it still doesnt work. will DDR2 533(PC2-4200) work when the motherboard says DDR2 533(PC2-4300)? i ordered new RAM (DDR2 533(PC2-4300)) but i wont get it till friday. Sometimes when i switch the RAM and turned it on it stays on for about 5-10 seconds then it turns off and on.

i have another question, my tower has a front IEEE port but i dont know where to hook up the wires to my motherboard. I checked the motherboard manual and the tower manual but it doesnt say anything about it. Do i just hook it up to the other USB connections?

Do i just hook it up to the other USB connections?
No. Firewaire and USB are two totally different animals. That particular mobo does not have Firewire on it. I guess you get to have a dead plug.

Are you sure that you are putting the DDR2 in the DDR2 slots, and not the DDR slots?

According to the manufacturer's specs, the mobo can handle up to DDR2 667, along with 533 and 400. The RAM ought to work.

similar thing happened to me the first time i built a p.c um my problem wasnt to difficult i thought it was but i just pluged the power switch in the wrong slot.. (something silly like that) you might spot something and get it to work

Yea i saw on asrock.com that the motherboard can work with DDR2 400, 533, and 667 then on the intel site, it says my processor can only work with 400 or 533. In the mobo manual, it says the mobo can work with 400(PC2-3200) 533(PC2-4300) and 667(PC2-5400) and the ram i have is 533(PC2-4200) so i dont know if thats the problem. I also checked probably 20 times to make sure i put the ram in the DDR2 slot and i did.

i hooked up a laser mouse and turned on the computer but the mouses light didnt turn on but the moniter, fans, and the lights on the tower turned on.

about the IEEE connection, do i need to buy a PCI card that has the IEEE on it cause i need that port for my digital camcorder.

i checked all the power cables and i'm pretty sure i have them all connected but theres one cable i'm not familiar with. It says P9 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom