UGGH some one please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYoz

Solid State Member
Hi all, new here!

Here is my issue...

I just recently upgraded my computer, I had a AMD 64 3200+ Clawhammer, Asus Mobo and a 9500pro video card.

I figured before I put my new hardware into the machine I should reinstall windows so I would have a clean install for the new stuff... here is where the troubles begin, I tried reinstalling windows, I partition, I format and when it begins to install i get the blue screen of death. Sometimes i get it with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. So after that I figured i would just do the install with the new hardware put in... same error! I have amd 64 3800+ San Diego, 7800gt, evga mobo(came with the card) Im going crazy over here because this is one of the first problems where I have no idea what to do!

here is the full system specs to date:
AMD 64 3800+ San Diego (socket 939)
1 gig of PC 2700 Ram (Might be the issue?)
evga 7800GT 256MB SLI version
evga Mobo
Audigy 2
220 GB of total HD space (one 160, other 60)

I have a copy of windows with out any service packs and a copy with sp1

I installed windows on a seperate machine and moved it onto mine and it doesn't boot to windows... restarts. could it be the ram I am using? It's Spectec... specktec... specktech one of those and it is pc 2700. And before I formatted the first time i added 512 of the SAME ram set to dual channel, no luck. I just pray to god its not anything with my proc, mobo, or vid card. Harddrive, Ram i can careless about

TheYoz said:
I have a copy of windows with out any service packs and a copy with sp1

I installed windows on a seperate machine and moved it onto mine and it doesn't boot to windows... restarts. could it be the ram I am using? It's Spectec... specktec... specktech one of those and it is pc 2700. And before I formatted the first time i added 512 of the SAME ram set to dual channel, no luck. I just pray to god its not anything with my proc, mobo, or vid card. Harddrive, Ram i can careless about

was the other machine 99% like yours if not theres the problem

the other machine had all of my old parts listed above... which wouldnt work when it was in my machine... so basically im left with either bad ram...f'ed up sound card...power supply?(i doubt) and CD drives. This is extreemly infuriating

TheYoz said:
the other machine had all of my old parts listed above... which wouldnt work when it was in my machine... so basically im left with either bad ram...f'ed up sound card...power supply?(i doubt) and CD drives. This is extreemly infuriating

the only thing i see common with the two machines so far is the hard drive. but you said you were able to format it. do you have another drive you could try

i used 2 drives to try and format both didnt work... so they are out of the scenerio... i took out my wireless NIC card unplugged one of my CD roms... im goin nuts.

TheYoz said:
i used 2 drives to try and format both didnt work... so they are out of the scenerio... i took out my wireless NIC card unplugged one of my CD roms... im goin nuts.

are these ide drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom