New card upgrade, x800xl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, the GS scored **** well when overclocked an on stock cooling at that...beat me GT by 100 points in 3dmark05 and my GT is OC'd to 450/1200....however of course they also had a more powerhouse system backing that card than what I got, but regardless the GS is nice.

Bah so far the last few people have been talking about the PCIE version, the person here is obviously talking about the AGP version. Has anyone heard anything anbout it or has any benchmarks on it?

Don't listen to morgster, although the x800xl is a nice card the 6800GS will beat it very badly when you start ocing it, like people said before the it can beat the 6800 Ultra on stock cooling, you dont ahve to worry about overheating either, so drop the x800xl and go with the 6800GS.

Even though the x800xl can unlock to 16 pipes it's still outdated because it doesnt use Shader Model 3.0, like the 6800GS. THe only game that will allow the x800xl to beat the 6800GS is HL2, and if thats the ONLY game your playing then buy the x800xl, but if your playing other games such as Doom 3, Quake 4, F.E.A.R go with the 6800GS.

6800GS all the way, the 3Dmark is similiar but when you run newer games like Call of Duty 2 and want full weather and lighting effects you'll be much better off with a 6800GS.

Also, if you are playing Doom 3 engine games, you might as well count that out on the X800XL. The X800 series has a memory optimization problem which kills performance in Doom 3 engine games, almost to where they are unplayable in parts. I've seen this on a friend's X800 Pro. Then compared them to my 6800GT (which i had at the time), and his card seemed generations older than mine.

I score around 5k on 05 with the x800xl. Great card, I love it. I have no regrets buying it and I recommend it no matter how many people bash ATI in these forums. But I would pay a little bit more and get a 7800gt or x1800xl.......I think the 7800gt is cheaper and although the x1800xl about as good as the 7800gtx in a few games, I think the 7800gt generally scores higher. So i would suggest 7800gt, but I still love my x800xl. Plays all games I have tried it with such as CoD2 on max with a nice fps, but with FEAR it was med-high with crap fsp in complicated lighted areas.....

Edit: Was too lazy to read all other posts, but thats my take on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom