trouble reformating

Status
Not open for further replies.
just follow the instructions until you figure that part out. then you can print your homework

ok well i put xp on my hd from a different computer and did everything on it so all i had to do is plug it into my computer. but then i plugged it in my computer and now it says, there is no operating system but i know there is one but it's not reconizing it.. so im guessing i need a boot ini file to tell it that i have a os or something.. any help?

EricB said:
use the xp startup discs (6 floppies) to help install it since your computer doesn't want to boot form the cd. put your first xp floppy and your xp disc in at the same time. the floppy will read the info from your xp disc

are you sure that your computer is set to boot from the cd first? it should be cd, floppy, hard drive in that order

you can install xp on that computer if you follow this

i put my hard drive on a different computer and installed xp, it works fine, xp boots up and everything.. but when i put it back in the original case, the one i want it in, it gets the dumb stop error.. just to let u know, i installed xp on the working computer, the one that i can get on with my hard drive.. so wuts the problem?

i have service pack one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom