Need thoughts on minor upgrades to my rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffmedic12

Baseband Member
I've looked around the forum for a bit now, and I'm looking for some thoughts on upgrades to my current system. I mainly am a gamer. Right now I'm on COD2 and I'm starting to notice some frame rate problems. I'm wondering if there are some minor purchases I could make to speed up things a little. I see my mobo is being phased out so I realize sometime in the next year or so I will be looking at a new system. Here are my specs:

Mobo: DFI Lanparty Pro875
CPU: P4 2.4 HT
Ram: Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200
Video: ATI Radeon 9800 128mb
Sound: SB Audigy 4
PS: Antec 350w
HD: WD 60gb 7200
Nothing is OC, yet, air cooling only, right now.

I'm thinking after looking around that my video card might be the weak link? I don't do any active temp monitoring, but notice on boot up after a while of playing COD2, my cpu temp is around 65 deg. F. So is cooling my problem?

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks for the info. On the ram issue, OCZ is more suited for the DFI mobos'? BYTW-I just bought the Corsair a couple of days ago!! But I will switch if need be.

The vid card, I can't go with a PCI-E card, so what should I start looking at? I see alot of people are using evga GeForce.

I'm with ya on my next mobo with have PCI-E. Your thoughts about the PSU. Too low of supply for what I have going on.?.

I will look into the Gigabyte card. Price looks good.

Keep the RAM nothing wrong with it as long as your not OC`ing. Gigabyte are a good reliable brand cant go wrong with them. And as others have said new PSU, and maybe a 2nd hard drive if you have the money 60 gigs isnt great and always good to have a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom