New card upgrade, x800xl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgster

Baseband Member
I am ordering an AGP HIS x800 xl 256mb graphics card tomorrow. It looks the best card at the price, £178 from overclockers.co.uk.
I have a 754 mobo, AMB 64 3000+, 512mb ddr400.

What type of 3dmark 05/03 score will i get?
Can i play modern games at maximum? Such as BF2?

Thanks all.

You'll be able to play all the modern games, but at maximum is probably pushin' it. I don't know a whole lot about ATI's cards so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You wont be able to max games with that card. Plus, the X800XL is old technology so you won't have the shaders necissary for some of the effects of the newer games. You should have gone with a 6800GS.

Even though that wasn't the best choice, you will be able to play today's games at decent settings at a 1024x768 resolution.

I havent ordered it yet.
I could get a x850 pro, but the x800xl is better.
The nvidia GS is cheaper, and also has 12 pipes like the x850 pro.
THE X800XL HAS 16!

The 6800GS beats it regardless. It overclocks like a dream and beats a 6800 ultra. And the X800XL is on par with the 6800GT, so if the GS beats the ultra...

The GS is newer but from benchmarks I've seen it seems to be almost exactly the same as the GT. The agp one is also at a lower frequency for some reason (agp=350mhz, pcie=425 mhz) someone explain that?

Errrrr.... No actually the X800XL is exactly the same in terms of performance as the 6800GT, and regardless about that, you are missing what I'm saying. While yes, the 6800GS is susposed to be a step down from the GT, and it is, at stock speed, but it overclocks like a dream, and can easily beat a 6800 ultra on stock cooling, and thus it beats an X800XL. It's also a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom