Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

albinoblackbear

Baseband Member
Can anyone help me find a motherboard for a new computer I'm building. I bought a 3.0ghz Intel Pentium Processor w/ HT technology. Now I'm looking for a new motherboard that has a 800 mhz FBS, supports HT technology, and is a socket 478 MB. But, I'd like a motherboard that supports a nice video card too. All the motherboards I've looked at havent supported pci express x16, and all the good video cards I've seen need pci express x16. I have a limited budget, only 400 dollars. Will someone help me out?:mad:

Sadly, it's for both. The motherboard is more important though, because I already have a Radeon 9800 Pro and if I dont have enough money for a new graphics card then I'll just keep that.

Hewlett Packard NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200 (64 MB) Graphic Card and ASUS P4P800E Deluxe (90M8LCW0G0EAY) Motherboard.

I don't know anything about Intel, but I would reccomend a 7800GT video card. You will love it. That leaves you with $100 for a motherboard.

Go with the 7800. That will play any games you want to right now. Like Duplicity said, you would have $100 to buy a mobo and that would get you a decent mobo. I dont know anything about Intel mobos so just wait for someone to respond who does.

Ok, so people want me to buy this graphics card. If I manage to sell my Radeon 9800 Pro and my processor on ebay or something, I might have around 600 dollars. So I have 600 dollars to buy a video card, processor, motherboard, and RAM. What should I do? (By the way, I'm building this PC to play games like battlefield 2, so I'd like a nice gaming computer, this is also my first time building a computer, I'm only 14 so I dont earn that much money)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom