vcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
vcore what is it? The voltage the processor recieves?

My vcore normally is 1.38-1.39. How high can I push this before I start threatening my Processors life/stay in safe zone.

Press DEL at startup to go into BIOS. Then go to Voltage/Freqency settings or something like that and you can change it from there

Yes, vcore or CPU VID will refer to the CPU voltage...I would say you don't wanna go above 1.6v unless you're doing so for benchmark purposes. You also have to remember that some motherboards have the option for "fallback" stability vcore...for example, DFI has the option of vcore + % so for example you have 1.55vcore + 109% there are times when your core have almost 1.7v running through it

VCore is the voltage the proc gets. this is what you will have to adjust when you overclock. you sometimes have to raise this in order for the proc to be more stable with higher setting, but when you raise this it creates more heat therefor you need better cooling.

I see so with a vcore of 1.5

how many hours does this take off your processors lifespan or is it more dependant on the actual heat of the system.

Overclocking by itself will generally take a few thousand hours off of your overall CPU lifespan...I couldn't give you an exact number especially not with specific vcore and I doubt anyone else could since every core is engineered differently

You have to remember that CPUs have an estimated lifespan of about a million hours though so taking a few thousand off that is only scratching the surface

it will take off precisely 4,762.98 hours.

The main part of OC'ing that takes away lifespan is heat....keeping it cool will help negate any harmful life absorbing elements to some degree.

It dosn't matter if you have ln2 or dice cooling, vcore can and will kill. If you have your CPU cooled to -190c, and you try and run 1.9-2.0v through it, bye bye CPU. :) Heat does have a factor in the life of the CPU, but not nearly as much as voltage does. Anything under 60c is relitivily safe. I would not go over 1.6v for 24/7 use, and I would not go over 1.525v for 24/7 use with dual core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom