DFI Lanparty or ASUS a8n32 MOBO?!!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent decided wat MOBO, CPU, RAM i want. help me guys. should i go for the ASUS or DFI or wat?

and wat about Opterons, do they perform just as well as the X2 Dually's, are the optys dual core as well. help me. i want to learn how to overclock aswell. just keep in mind its for gaming.

adam02 said:
yea but im gettin an AMD X2 4400 and theres problems with Overclocking it. is this true? and will my G.skill work well in the ASUS?
Nope I have a 4400+ on a ASUS board and can overclock it just fine though I don't OC it to high levels because these are expensive parts and I just want to pinch performance with no risk.

lazerman said:
Doesn't the Expert have dual x16 as well?
No.

adam02 said:
i havent decided wat MOBO, CPU, RAM i want. help me guys. should i go for the ASUS or DFI or wat?

and wat about Opterons, do they perform just as well as the X2 Dually's, are the optys dual core as well. help me. i want to learn how to overclock aswell. just keep in mind its for gaming.
If you have the money, get the AN832. For the CPU, you can get either an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or an Opteron 170 or 175. The X2s and optys perform the same, however the opty MIGHT overclock a little better. If you get ASUS, the RAM isn't much of a problem as it is with DFI. But if you are overclocking, I would get this RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146425

yea, if i get the ASUS a8n32, would corsair overclock and perform better than if i were to get G.skill or OCZ or MuShkin? would they all perform and overclock just as well on that board, cos the board says its "Optimized for the corsair" im not sure if thats some kind of marketing strategy for corsair and asus, but im just wondering.

ok for anyone who can read this forum, i NEED you to add me on MSN

adam_himself02@hotmail.com

i desperately need help,Seriously if u read this and think "Pah im not addin u, other ppl prob have already" just add me,i need opinions and help! please!

adam02 said:
yea, if i get the ASUS a8n32, would corsair overclock and perform better than if i were to get G.skill or OCZ or MuShkin? would they all perform and overclock just as well on that board, cos the board says its "Optimized for the corsair" im not sure if thats some kind of marketing strategy for corsair and asus, but im just wondering.
It depends what type of memory you get. You can get some really cheap OCZ memory that dosn't overclock at all, and you can get some really expensive mushkin memory that overclocks a lot. I would get the mushkin memory I posted earlier, it's susposed to overclock really well.

so anyway, if i get the ASUS, will it be better than a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D? and if i get the ASUS which CPU and MEMORY will be great for gaming and overclocking. im looking for DUAL CORE please, and the ability to overclock it, X2 or OPTY's.
does CACHE size make any Difference?

Well I don't have MSN, but people generally say cache size dosn't make much difference, but as always, if you can afford more, it's a good idea to get it. The cheapest Athlon 64 X2 with 2x1mb of l2 cache is the 4400+, which is very expensive, so I recommend getting either a dual core opteron 165 or 170. They both have 2x1mb of l2 cache, and the 165 runs at 1.8GHz (but you can overclock) and the 170 runs at 2.0GHz. Both of them will overclock more than a 4400+, IMO, and they are cheaper. Get whichever one you can afford. The 165 has a 9x multiplier and the 170 has a 10x multiplier, so if you can afford the 170 you should get it. RAM does not make much difference on ASUS, but I recommend this RAM because it's susposed to overclock very well (250+ MHz):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146425

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom