Trying to cool my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
My current setup: All fans came with the case

CPU Fan & heatsink blow air straight into the side exhuast fan (80m)
PSU has a fan d'oh ;)
The rear of the case has a large fan taking air out of the case (120m)
I added an expansion fan that takes air from the video cards exhuast fan straight out of the case.

My questions for you is since there is no aparent way to increase these fan speeds which are running very slow currently should I replace the side (80m) and rear (120m) fans with something faster?

My final question is on the front of the case there is another slot for a 120m fan that is completly unused. I will be adding one but should it be exhuast or intake fan. If it's intake it puts air against a wall mounting up to 4 hard drives which I think isn't good airflow. If it's another exhuast fan doesn't that screw up the rear fans air flow too?

Front intake to bring in cool fresh air.

Side should be intake so it would be blowing air ONTO the cpu heatsink.

You might want to think about adding a blowhole at the top :D

you could buy some bigger cfm ones like the vantec tornadoes like 119 cfm for an 92mm fan :eek:

the front intake will be cooling the hdd's down cause you dont want them to melt do you :)

PZEROFGH said:
Front intake to bring in cool fresh air.

Side should be intake so it would be blowing air ONTO the cpu heatsink.

You might want to think about adding a blowhole at the top :D

you could buy some bigger cfm ones like the vantec tornadoes like 119 cfm for an 92mm fan :eek:

the front intake will be cooling the hdd's down cause you dont want them to melt do you :)

Front intake for the case it is then.

I will never ruin my case.

I'm not sure what you mean by that and I don't think they will fit but I will look into it.

I didn't explain it good enough then I guess. The CPU has heatsinks, copper heat spreaders, and a fan taking the heat away from the CPU as part of one device then I have the side exhuast fan remove that from the system not leaving the hot air in the case. I think it's fan but I may get a higher rpm fan for the side.

I got the same setup for my video card right out of the case leave no hot air in the case with an expansion bay fan.

I never heard of HDs melting :p but I agree front intake fan 120m.

I will also get a higher rmp rear 120m fan.

Then it's time to OC the machine.

As stated side should be intake and the fan on your CPU should be pushing air onto the heatsink. Think of it this way...it's hot outside and you're using a fan to cool down...you position the fan so that the air is being directed towards you, not away from you, same concept in this case

Alright Gaara you win. I've checked with it on by opening the case and feeling the inside. Aside from almost getting my hand chopped up your correct.

I have an exhuast expansion taking hot air out of the system directly infront of the video card fan. not leaving hot air in the system.

The side fan is not weak as I couldn't tell from the outside but it really is blowing from the inside of the case and yes it is an intake fan no problems there.

The CPU cooler is one device it's heatsinks, copper heat spreaders, and an intake fan .

The rear fan is an exhuast fan as I origanally thought this sucker almost took my hand... I'm still not happy with this fans performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sensors do not pick up any rpms from it is it plugged into the wrong slot?

If so would it spin slower because it is not recieving the power supply it should. It looks fine but perhaps I'm wrong.

If I were to get another one what would you recommend for a high performance/rpm 120m exhuast fan noise is not an issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And last problem is the front case that has a 120m fan slot. Are there 120m intake fans if so what do you recommend?

8a77fa2a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom