New case, monitor going stright into standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

westbroma

Beta member
I recently got a new case, and after removing everything, and installing them into the new case, I get a blank screem. The computer appears to be booting, but the monitor goes straight into standby mode when I turn it on. Whilst I had the case open, I installed a new Heatsink fan on my 9800 Pro, which I thought may have been the problem, but I have used an old 4000XT, which was previously housed in this computer. Still, blank monitor.

I've already tried it with just the old 4000XT in, without soundcard and 9800 Pro (The old one is PCI ops: ), should i Try it with just one stick of RAM as well, or without the HDD connected.

I don't think it is a broken monitor, as when i remove the cable from the gfx, i get a 'no signal' error on the monitor.

Update: I've managed to pass POST and beep, but the monitor goes stright into standby with either gfx, well it is in standby, and doesnt turn on shall we say - when i turn it off, and on again, its on green for a few seconds before it goes onto its orange standby colour.

try another video card, or if its agp or pci, then check in the BIOS and see which one it's set to look at first. I have never known that setting to cause that problem but it's worth a try.

Do you have onboard video also.If so you need to go into the BIOS and disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom