How often you format your HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends really... I tend to format once every 5 months becasue ill change back and forth between linux and xp

3 times
I really need a fourth
I will have to format my sata storage drive because of the damaged $MFT
I need to reinstall XP on my OS drive because its so messy.....
....in the past 4 years.....

It's been well over a year since my last format and my machine still runs fine, but XP systems can still eventually rot. ;)

Trotter said:
Fuor years, no format, no re-install.

what will happen after 4 years?
how do you know how to replace it before it becomes dead, does it mean lost of datas?

is it neccessary to reformat at least once a year? the reason I do it because I download many programmes sometimes I want to get rid off of course I can do "add/remove" programme, but I wanna clean it

Thanks

Its not neccessary, but it depends on what your doing with comp. for example I have 3 comps. One for my mom, one laptop, one desktop, I've never had to reformat my moms cuz its never had any probs and if she gets a virus and it does no noticable damage than I just leave it alone (btw all she does is play games on it) My laptop I had to reformat often because I was downloading alot of diffrent programs which had cracks (don't do that any more). My desktop I've had for a few months now and will backup and restore every now and than. It really depends on what your computer is used for and if your data is important, which is up to you to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom