was it worth getting mx-518?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok right now i am running a logitech optical 800 dpi mouse, i guess it worked fine for some gaming but, it felt like i could see the cursor skiping accros the pixels if i looked really closley. im guessing thats what the higher dpi helps in. but anyways the mouse was starting to die, so i just ordered the logitech mx-518. do you think this will help me snipe from really far distances seeing is the dpi is double my curent mouse. i hope i didnt waste 40 bucks on this thing.

Well if you got it in hopes that it would make you an "pro" gamer, you're in for a disapointment. It WILL improve your aim SLIGHTLY, but it will take a while to get used to. I have a razer diamondback, and I could never imagine going back to anything lower than 1600dpi.

lol well i wasnt expecting it to make me alot better or anything, im just hoping for it to feel better and be much more responsive than my older mouse, so i guess it should help a slight bit.

Yeah, I just got it too. Its a nice mouse. Great feel, plenty of buttons. You can increase or decrease sensitivity with two buttons on the mouse itself. I personally bought it because my old microsoft one was beaten up, and this is much newer. I don't even run it on 1600, I don't like the fast speed. I run it at 800 dpi.

i personally think the 1600 dpi setting is insane and ridiculous. Who wants a mouse pointer moving around the screen that frantically, i could never get used to that. I to have my diamondback running at 800.

but cant you turn up the dpi to 1600, and then turn down the sensitivity so it gets 5.8mp per second , but isnt as fast

Like Ferris I replaced my old Microsoft mouse for an MX518 and it works great for me. And IMO 1600 dpi is about as squirrely as I can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom