Argument AMD vs. Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mk97 said:
Haha.. I have a friend kinda like that.. well a couple actually. They're all comp savy enuf to survive, but one friend picked out a $1700 that's pretty nice, x2 4200,x850XTPT (all that crap 512mb version) but he didn't really even pay attion and coulda saved a lot and made it last a little longer for what he paid.

Yeah, wow. The X2 is nice, but the X850XTPE is the biggest rippoff in hardware history IMO, especially if you bought it since the release of the 7800GTX. Even the 7800GT wipes the floor with the X850XT AND includes shader model 3, and its signifficantly cheaper. I pity him.

AIM just makes people look stupid so hard to hold a second grade level disscussion most of the time and results in headaches reading it.

I've used an old AMD that could not even push 500 hmz
I've use a Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz no hyperthread
I've used a AMD 2.2 Duel core, OC'd to 2.4

I will never use an intel again.

My p4 2.0 single core, no HT was faster than an amd at its time....probably because of the RDRAM but that was a waste of money.

At least intel was close in performance in benchmarks in its desktop units.

You should see how terrible the benchmarks are between the Opteron dual core and the Xeon dual core. The xeon is basically crushed into nothing. The only way intel can finance themselves is from OEM contracts.....especially apple.

I own 1 Intel machine, 2 AMDs, and soon will have another....either dual opterons or quad opterons........

That was just plain painful to read.

Yea, memory controller, more instructions per clock cycle, all that jazz combine to make AMD better in gaming and AMD X2 better in everything else. Despite Intel's "number-crunching" superiority, I'll use my old P3 if I need to use the calculator on it.

I got through some of that, but didnt finish reading it.

I really dont see where everyone got the idea that Intel is substandard and doesn't even come close to AMD :confused:
I've owned both Intel and AMD, and found very little performance between the two.

My current machine is AMD, and is in my sig. By no means do I regret building an AMD, but it definitely isnt lightyears ahead of the Intel machine I had.

But, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine is unbiased either way. Same goes for Nvidia and ATi for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom