Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
Hey I just ordered my ATI 9600 Pro. I need someone to help me out and tell me just what to do after I take the other card out and put the new one in. Do I need to delete the old card's drivers? If so, how exactly do I go about doing that and what else do I need to do?

so its a must to remove the old drivers? Because I looked at add/remove programs and theres nothing on there....

add remove Hardware and then you can select the peice of hardware and update add or remove drivers for hardware

if drs are not in add/rem take ur old one out, put ur new one in, go to management, remove the old device, then install the new ones.
Dimitri

Okay so I think I got it. I'll

1) take my old card out
2) put the new one in
3) uninstall the old drivers
4) install the new drivers from the ATI site.

Is that how it goes in that order? lol

If your talking about the new ATI, I should be getting it in tomorrow because it was shipped Friday. I'm just curious as to whether or not I delete the old video cards drivers before or after I install the new one.

What type of card are you taking out ? You should first unistall the old drivers they are there . You can download Driver Cleaner 2 to uninstall any remaining drivers for the old card.It would also be a good idea to download the latest drivers for the card your installing .You can create a data cd so you can install the drivers .Shutdown / Powerdown then remove and install the new card.

Hinrich, everybody always suggests to remove the old video drivers. I think that it's supposed to help prevent any conflicts from occurring. Good idea to remove the old ones. I don't think that it matters if you remove the old drivers before or after removing the old video card, because I think you can always remove the hardware afterwards through the hardware manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom