the overclocking gods must love me

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what would be ironic someone here, buys a dual cpu mobo and buys 2 opteron 165 and there both 0530, then the ocing gods would REALLY love him.

I seriously prayed the last several weeks--every night--for a 0530.... DAMNIT! Oh well, maybe I will just pray for 3ghz on this 0546SPMW I just got! Nothing says a certain stepping is worse than another.
The results from week46s I have thusfar seen have been fairly good although they still are the newest stepping so results are limited...as I continue to say there has not really been a particularily bad stepping save the week36s...yes the week30s stand out above the rest but most other dualies max out at around 2.8Ghz which is NOTHING to complain about

I wasn't expecting a 30 at all whatsoever...I've seen a few other people from Canada pop up with 30s so I suppose they're being carried by a few retailers up here...but like I've said, I didn't even consider getting a 30 and I don't think anyone should anymore as they're literally almost two months old

which you're spending on computer hardware again... haha
Meh...I had this thing preordered back in early November so I didn't even have that money at the time...but yeah, I'm buying an LCD with some of it but at least it's extra cash :p

You know what would be ironic someone here, buys a dual cpu mobo and buys 2 opteron 165 and there both 0530, then the ocing gods would REALLY love him.
165s are uni-socket processors...you'd need a 265 to get into multiple sockets and of course then you'd be stuck on socket 940

Well gaara, if it isn't a big deal to you that you got a 0530, how about's a trade? Mine hasn't been used yet, still in the little black thing that protects the pins.

No, I'm not going to trade you mate...and no, I never implied that it wasn't a big deal to me...infact this topic implies the complete opposite

All I'm saying is you have NOTHING to complain about...so you didn't get a week30, you're only one of thousands of other Opteron buyers who got let down in the same fashion...most of them bite the bullet and realize that "hey! 2.8GHz on 1.55v on a dualie is awesome anyways" and carry on with their life because they accept the fact that OVERCLOCKING IS NOT GURANTEED

Hey gaara, how do you think a CAB2E 0546FPAW Opteron 146 will do on air?

Couldn't tell you for a fact...CAB2Es are hit and miss cores, some of them are really really good and some of them are not so good...mind you this is based on earlier results and I have no idea what later weeks would produce

Easiest way to find out is to try that sucker out for yourself :D

I thought you said that the 0546s were generally better than the 0534s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom