Argument AMD vs. Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riceball said:
This is an argument i had with my friend. He bought a Dell XPS and thinks Intel rules and stuff like that. Is the crap he's ranting about correct, or am I the only one who thinks it's BS. Just thought you guys would be interested.

So i am to understand G STAR ANDRE is your friend?

He must not know a whole lot about computers if he sounded THAT stupid in that conversation. A bunch of it was complete BS.

This place is starting to get ridiculous and I'm starting to wish that some pro-Intel people start showing up as this forum is starting to turn into an AMD brainwashing campaign of some sort

Oh no, I'm not going to deny that I would take an AMD64 before a Pentium 4 anyday...but I have my specific reasons for that, main one being AMD simply has a much larger overclocking rep and that's the big thing I'm looking for...however, you guys need to get it out of your heads that AMD is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Intel still makes fine processors that still stomp out AMD is certain enviroments and they are still much better choices in a variety of tasks...main one being they're still the big bad number crunching cores due to their longer pipelines and excessive L2 cache...and many are unaware of this, but if Intel had marketed the Dothans better and made them more availible for the desktop enviroment they would have easily been the next XP-M wave of processors

Intels revised architecture that's due out in a few months looks very promising, that isn't to say it will be good or bad...but it certainly looks very attractive on paper compared to AMDs M2 roadmap for the next year

I see I got quoted though...and I also won't deny the fact that your friend is an idiot...otherwise I'm very impressed he was able to hackzor the Windows code and rewrite all of it for multiple threads

well said gaara I own both amd and intel while admittedly I use my amd more due to my gaming addiction when I start multitasking i turn to my intel. BOTH are excellent processors but they excel in different areas. As for that lengthy discussion I think just reading it may actually drop your I.Q. :(

Yea lol i did quote you gaara. Sorry i didn't tell him that info was from you, i was in the heat of the moment. Please don't go online and bash this guy, he's a good friend of mine, we just like to have arguments about computer-related topics sometimes. Other than that, he's a nice person, i just think there are a couple of things in there that are BS.

Wow, that guy G STAR ANDRE reminds me so much of my friend who owns a Dell with a Intel P4 3.6Ghz and thinks it is the best PC in the world. I'm not denying that it is a decent PC and plays games pretty well but for once it would be nice for him to listen for a second about how AMD are much better for playing games with.

At least he decided to buy a 6800GT over a x850 but I think that was more of a money influenced decision rather than an educated one.

Yeah, he pulled a couple things out of his ***.

I have the same computer as him, my father trusted Dell more than me, but luckily got 1.5k off because of some discount coupon from his company. So instead of paying 3k, I payed 1.5k.

Oh and, yeah the XPS comes with a Prescott D processor.

Haha.. I have a friend kinda like that.. well a couple actually. They're all comp savy enuf to survive, but one friend picked out a $1700 that's pretty nice, x2 4200,x850XTPT (all that crap 512mb version) but he didn't really even pay attion and coulda saved a lot and made it last a little longer for what he paid.

wow that remindes me of a friend who is buying a comp atm.

he has a
P4 3.0 Ghz
Gigabyte mobo (sry don't know what type)
1gig PC3200 Kingston
GeForce4 Ti 4200
80gig hdd 8mb cach

and is upgrading to a

P4 3.4ghz
Gigabyte mobo
1gig ddr2 PC4200 (generic)
X700 256mb (no not pro not notin)
and a 120gig hdd 2mb cach

now when i said the grfx card was **** he said all he wanted to do was run word. I also said that the ddr2 was going to be slower than his PC3200 due to timings and he just said its PC4200 therefore faster :'(
so i then asked why are u upgrading from a 3ghz then???
and he basically said COS I WANT TO

It was sooo depressing :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom