Best motherbord for AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

almost2new

Solid State Member
I am thinking about a new computer and have decided to go AMD. I think from a cost perspective a Semperon 64 2800+ to a 3400+ will be in my range. It will be used for digital photography and basic home office stuff. I want to get a board that is compataible and will perhaps allow upgrades in the future. Any advice.

The k8n neo4 is socket 939. Sempron 64's are socket 754.

Do you already have a graphics card? If so, and if it is agp, you will have to get a agp board, not a pci express.

=D

Is there a big difference between athalon and semperon? At this point I have 0 parts. I wanted to get a good complete list together first.

Athlons are a lot more expensive than Semprons. However, Semprons of the same speed of an Athlon is just a little bit slower in benchmarks. The Athlon has a larger L2 cache which can help in some intensive tasks...

Thanks. reading that and doing more "searching" I noticed that there are athlons and semperons that run socket 754. also athlons run socket 934. Is the 934 newer thus better? is the primary difference between a semperon and an athlon on socket 754 the cache? tigerdirect has an athlon 64 3000+ for $129.99 and it says it runs 1600 MHz FSB speedNewEgg it has a different FSB800 I think. Is there a print error or are there that many different one? Iknow this is off the motherboard question I originally asked but It seems important. All things considered should I look at the cheapest socket 934 cpu and upgrade later or???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom