Buying a new CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbaBubby

Solid State Member
Tommorow I'm buying a new CPU for my computer. My motherboard is an Asus A7V8X-X and I'm planning on getting a 2.2 Ghz CPU. The only CPUs that the motherboard takes though are Athlon, Duron, and Athrlon XP. The problem is that I can't find a 2.2 ghz CPU and I'm not sure how many pins the motherboard takes. Oh yeah, and it has to be a 32-bit CPU and I'm planning to do some gaming. Please help me! :(

It's a socket A, so, yes, your choices are Athlon, Duron, Athlon XP, and Sempron (socket A), all of which are made by AMD.

Your mobo can only handle up to 333MHz FSB. The 3200+ you are talking about is a 400MHz FSB. The highest 333MHz FSB socket A CPU is the 2800+. Here's one on NewEgg for $125 + $4.99 shipping:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103509

Socket A CPUs are getting hard to find. If you have the money, and are willing/able to overclock, look at the mobile Athlons (if you can find them...).

Okay, but do you know what kind of RAM I need for that? Looking anywhere between 512-1GB's worth of DDR ram. Thanks, I'm not the most intellegent person to talk to about computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom