Getting the most out of a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
Hi
Just got a new Acer extensa 6600 for xmas. I was wondering how i could get the most performence out of it as i can't play B&W 2 at a comfortable speed. I've checked for the latest drivers for my intel extreme graphics and got them. So what else should i do ? Can i overclock the CPU and the onboard intel xtreme GPU. The CPU is a Pentium M 1.7ghz. I got 512mb DDR2 RAM. So how do i overclock it and how else can i make it go faster ? :confused:

you should never OC laptops, there not made to AT all, most of them are made only to be at that speed nothing higher

i suggest not to

with much concern,

No point to even try. You can overclock laptops, but there is no point as the overclockability is very low because of the heat problem associated with laptops. No airflow, close together. Think of how hot it gets if you just sit it in your lap for 30 minutes to an hour. Thats a normal laptop, but if you overclocked it it would get hot, or too hot. Sure you may be able to raise it a couple MHz, but there would be very little performance gain out of it.

ferris said:
No point to even try. You can overclock laptops, but there is no point as the overclockability is very low because of the heat problem associated with laptops. No airflow, close together. Think of how hot it gets if you just sit it in your lap for 30 minutes to an hour. Thats a normal laptop, but if you overclocked it it would get hot, or too hot. Sure you may be able to raise it a couple MHz, but there would be very little performance gain out of it.

ferris 4 the W
ya i read a story in a MAG about how they where testing the ability of OCing laptops

none of them got past 9% without having to use a cooler or get/make different cooling internal components

also they might melt, there to close to the plastic lol

Ok thanks for the advice. Is there anything else i could do to get more speed out of it ? I was also wondering if it's possible to install Nivida or ATI drivers on the intel xtreme GPU ?
If i can't get anymore speed out of it thanks for telling me not to overclock :D

Laptops are not made to be the best gamers. They are made for work and durability and will be slow with a big juicy game.(Trust me I had a laptop and it sucked). The problem with laptops is the cache and usually the RAM are low and that is EXTREMELY bad for games. If u want to game get a desktop like me.

digima$ter said:
Laptops are not made to be the best gamers. They are made for work and durability and will be slow with a big juicy game.(Trust me I had a laptop and it sucked). The problem with laptops is the cache and usually the RAM are low and that is EXTREMELY bad for games. If u want to game get a desktop like me.

OR!!!!! build one, like me.... kinda, bought and built

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom