Artic Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, that is heat sink apoxie, for putting heatsinks on vga cards, you know it is to replace thermal tape, so think heat sink glue. all you do is mix equal parts of A and B together and it hardens like steel, and transfers heat good.

OOh....so do you think I should replace my heatsink on my 7800GT and use part A and B this time? How much of a difference will it make?

if you are wantig to replace your main heat sink, NO, unless you want that to be perment, I use that for like ramsinks and other weird heatsinks, but not for cpu, vga, chipset, or any other fans, this is because, if you have to raplace the part well you just lost a nice heat sink, because that stuff is VERY HARD to get off. Also heatsinks that have fans, sometimes wear out and so you will have to replace them, and that will be harder then anything to get the heatsink off, and you might even damage the chip while doing it.

This Part B you speak of is for heatsinks that rely on the thermal compound bound to hold it in place.

For example, CPU heatsinks are held in place by retainer clamps, and therefore you can use regular AS5 that doesnt have the 'glue'

For RAMsinks, and any other sinks that are held on only by the paste, then use the B stuff that actually holds it in place.

My cousin got that too, and he didn't know what to do with it, so just to make sure I've got this straight:

Use Part A alone for CPU heatsinks

Use Parts A + B for things that need a strong bond, such as RAMsinks.

Don't use Part B alone.

Ja?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom